Decking Installation Services & Repairs London
Buying a new house is not a feasible option for many of us. However, renovating can help breathe new life into your old house. If you’re looking to give your home, doing some upgrades to the outdoors is a great place to start. One such upgrade is installing new decking or repairing your old one.
Decking instantaneously gives your home a beautiful look. It also allows you to fully utilise the space around your house, increasing your living space. This significantly increases the value of your house because most homeowners want functional outdoor spaces to host and entertain guests.
Types of Decking
There are two main types of decking: wood decking and composite decking.
- Wood decking
Wood decking is made of softwood boards or hardwood boards. The difference between the two is in the tree material used and post-installation maintenance. Softwood decking is made from evergreen, coniferous trees such as pine and spruce. It has an appealing look, is easy to maintain, and is naturally resistant to rot and insect infestation.
Hardwood decking, on the other hand, is made from deciduous trees that lose their leaves annually, such as oak, ash, and beech. Hardwood boards are strong and have natural oils that prevent insect infestation and fungal decay. That said, hardwood decking needs additional maintenance and is more expensive than softwood decking.
Regardless of which option you buy, softwood and hardwood decking offer collective benefits such as:
• They can last 15 to 30 years with the proper care and maintenance
• They are made from natural materials, hence environmentally friendly
• Easily repaired if scratched or damaged
• Has a traditional look and a natural feel
- Composite decking
Composite decking is made from a mixture of plastic, wood particles such as wood chippings, sawdust, and recycled wood bits, and bonding agents. Composite decking offers various benefits, including:
• It’s impervious to moisture which means it does not rot or grow mould
• Composite decking boards come in various styles, colours, and textures, allowing for the ultimate customisation.
• Low- maintenance material
• Lasts between 20 to 30 years when properly maintained
• Composite boards are not slippery when wet, making them appropriate for families with children and pets
Need more info on our decking installation in London?
Get a Free Quote
Decking Installation Process
Decking installation is an intricate process that should only be done by someone who understands the task and has the tools required. It involves:
- Consultation: Like any other project, installing decking should start with a consultation with experienced technicians. They will help you determine a reasonable space for your deck, choose the best materials and give you a quote. Get in touch with Greenlight landscape for a free no-obligation quote.
- Construction: Once we agree on all the details, we’ll start the construction process using top-quality decking materials. We understand that this is more than just a deck. It’s a stage for what’s next, so we’ll work closely with you to bring your vision to life.
Why choose us
Greenlight landscape is a local family-run business whose main objective is to deliver what the customer wants.
We provide top-quality decking at affordable prices thanks to our team of experts.
We are also fully insured, so you don’t have to worry about that. If you are looking for the best decking installation and repair services in London, give us a call on 020 8352 0895 or enquire online.